Setting Industry Standards
From its inception, Commissioning Agents has been active in professional societies; leveraging that exposure into roles on standards committees. We bring our expertise to the table for the benefit of industry helping to drive efficiency and process improvements; reducing cost and drug shortages while improving patient access to lifesaving medicines.
ASHRAE advances the arts and sciences of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration to serve humanity and promote a sustainable world. The organization develops standards for both its members and others professionally concerned with refrigeration processes and the design and maintenance of indoor environments.
- AHSRAE Standard 202 Commissioning Process for Buildings and Systems (Michael Amstadt, Voting Member)
- ASHRAE Guideline 0 The Commissioning Process for Existing Systems and Assemblies (Michael Amstadt, Chairman)
- ASHRAE Technical Committee 9.11 Cleanrooms (Michael Amstadt, Secretary)
ASTM International is a globally recognized leader in the development and delivery of voluntary consensus standards. Today, over 12,000 ASTM standards are used around the world to improve product quality, enhance health and safety, strengthen market access and trade, and build consumer confidence.
- ASTM E53 – Asset Management Best Practices (Robert Smith, Voting Member)
- ASTM E53.10 – ISO/TC 251 ISO 55000 Asset Management (Robert Smith, Voting Member & Member of WG6 ISO55002 Revision)
- ASTM E2500 Development Team (Various team Members)
The Building Commissioning Association (BCA) is an international non-profit organization that serves as the recognized authority and resource on commissioning. Our membership is made up of professionals from the commercial building industry, committed to the highest standards and practices for the commissioning process.
- BCA New Construction Building Commissioning Best Practices Guide (Robert Smith, Member of the Best Practices Committee that revises the Best Practices Guides and Templates)
- BCA Northwest Chapter Board of Directors (Robert Smith, Voting Member)
ISPE, the International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering, is the world’s largest not-for-profit association serving its Members by leading scientific, technical and regulatory advancement throughout the entire pharmaceutical lifecycle.
- ISPE Asset Management GPG (new) and Maintenance GPG (revision) (Robert Smith, Co-Leader)
- ISPE Standards Committees ASTM E-55, ASTM D-19, USP Water Experts Committee (Nissan Cohen, Ad Hoc Member)